Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The worst situation ever


I really wonder how did the people from prehistoric time survived without powers and gas.

Saipan now has the serious problems on powers and gas. And because of that, the state of economy is getting worse and worse. Many workplaces can’t pay the salaries to the employees, and we are one of the families which are having the problem on our cost of living.

I came to Saipan from Japan about seven years ago. By that time, the cost of the gasoline was less than $2. It is about the half of what they cost now. Our car is needed to be fueled so frequently now; frequently that we need to fuel the car twice everyday.

The cost of the power is ridiculously high too. It costs for about $200 for a month, but seven years ago, it was about $70. It is less than half the price now. By those costs for both gas and power, it is like we are just burning the money into ashes. We can't use the money to get whatever we want, because we use all of the money on the gas and power before we spend them for the other things. I wanted to go visit my grandparents in Japan this summer, but that became impossible. Even buying the food supplies for us to live is becoming harder.

The first problem that I want to be solved is about the power. I(or probably most of the people in the world) am a kind of person who can't live without the computers. We are using the Internet for doing our school works. And obviously, this blog is also posted by using the Internet too. If the cost of power will keep on going higher and higher, I, or ALL OF US will have very hard time to live as we are right now. I don't know what kind of job the Commonwealth Utility Corporation (or CUC) is doing.

Why should we have hard time for just going through our everyday life? I think it is stupid to spend too much money for necessaries. But how can we stop that?

It is our biggest and worst problem now.

2 comments:

♠john♠ said...

Hey Fumi, you had a great point on your view of the island and the CNMI. It grab and ran with my attention with it. You have a great writing ability to it. There might be some errors in you blog, but you're in mt top ten. Try and write books in the future. You might even popular than J.K. Rowling. Keep up the good work.

SML =) fly high =) said...

Hi, Fumi
I really agree with your writing
and I like the picture.